Get your kids involved in planning and packing lunches, with your guidance. They’ll be more likely to eat it if they’ve helped plan it, and they’ll learn important life skills in the process.
If some lunchbox items are always left untouched, find out why.
- Can they open the containers?
- Are the foods easy to hold, bite-sized, and portable?
- Are the foods still appealing at meal times, or have they become too warm, too cold, soggy or sticky?
- Are they bored and want more variety?
- Are they filling up on ‘sometimes foods’ instead of eating healthy foods?
Variety is important for lunches. Children learn to eat foods that are familiar to them, so don’t be afraid to mix things up at lunchtime.